Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lanterns in South Korea

. Saturday, November 6, 2010 .


Bongeunsa Temple, Seoul, South Korea, near the COEX building.
This was for a holiday. I'm not sure which one, but I believe the lanterns are lotus blossoms.


Also at Bongeunsa Temple.


Gunpo, South Korea. This town is between Anyang and Suwon, south of Seoul. Admittedly the lanterns are pretty small, but I thought the flowers looked beautiful so I'm including it anyway.

This is in the art mall off of Insadong, a street in Seoul. There are a lot of art galleries and tea shops in the area. It's pretty crowded and touristy, but I think it's worth a visit (and I'm not a big fan of galleries).

At the top of the mall in the last picture, looking towards the street. I believe this was the day of Lotus Lantern Festival. If you are in May, definitely try to see the parade. The date varies because it's based on the lunar calendar, but it's on or near Buddha's Birthday.

0 comments: